- a techno-legal document elaborating best mode of carrying out the claimed invention and claims to the patent rights.
- Embark your inventions’ claim.
- a single document referred by patent examiner/controller, licensee, competitor, judge, lawyers, public/peers.
- one document to please all.
- one document multiple benefits – Protection, Economic Viability, Enforcement etc.
- well drafted patent specification win 80% battle of getting grant of a patent.
- a techno-legal document which fully and particularly describes the invention and discloses the best method of performing the invention.
- it is essential for the drafter to acquired essential abilities.
- Person who is drafting the patent specification must have technical expertise in the subject matter relating to the invention along with a high level of experience in drafting a patent specification documents, filing and examination process.
- patent specification needs to portray the invention in sufficient detail and with adequate clarity at the outset, since further description will not be added during the examination process.
- claims are what distinguish the patents from each other. Ambiguous language might weaken the protection granted to the patent.
- poorly drafted patent specification may lead to litigation and economic stress.
- a good patent specification avoid common pitfalls that often result in patent invalidation or unnecessary findings of non-infringement in a court of law.
must consider potential litigation when drafting the patent specification to prevent unfavorable valuation by venture capitalists, lower licensing revenue and ineffective market protection.