Article 19 and Article 34 Amendment
First opportunity to amend the claims & avoid claim rejections
Article 19 & 34 Amendment – Salient Features:
- Amend your claims on the basis of international search report and written opinion.
- The amended claims are highly likely to get positive International Preliminary Report on Patentability.
- Also, amendment to claims will enable you to file amended claims in all member states at the time of filing national phase application.
Biological Sequence Search
Chemical Structure Search
Complete IP Support (Audits, Strategy, Counselling, etc.)
Create – Protect- Commercialize. Be Strong – Be Aware – Be Protected.
Complete Package (Search, Drafting, Filing, and Complete Prosecution)
One team – all tasks! Maximize Protection, Minimize Expenses!
Complete Package – Salient features:
- One team stays with you for whole life of your patent.
- Seasoned search team to limit the risk of any threatening prior art at the time of examination.
- Expert drafters who draft the patent application in collaboration with the search team who analyzed patentability of the invention.
- Filing done by the same team.
- Prosecution done by the same drafter who prepare the patent draft, enabling efficient prosecution of the application.
- Costs saving of minimum 50%.
Package Includes: Detailed Prior art search, drafting of patent application (provisional and/or complete), filing of (provisional and/or complete) application, filing request for examination, filing request for publication, notifying publication, notifying office actions, drafting responses for two office actions, filing of office actions, notifying allowance, requesting grant and notification of grant.
Complete Patent application Drafting and Filing
Guard your invention for all 20 years with Strong draft. Showcase your innovative idea to world without fear.
Patent Drafting and Filing – Salient features:
- All rules/laws of Indian patent Act duly considered.
- Applications drafted keeping not only current state-of-the-art but all possible future infringements in mind.
- Written so as to comply with patent office rules, be within allowed limit to avoid additional costs, yet provide strong and broad protection.
- Get liberty to discuss, present your invention to whole world without fear of getting your invention stolen.
- Draft of international standard so you do not end up spending too much money in changing it to foreign formats – if you decide to go global.
- Quick turnaround so secure the earliest priority date.
Convention Application Filing in India
Extend protection of your innovation to India – Get Access to the Big Fat Indian Market.
Convention Application Filing in India – Salient features:
- All rules/law/forms of Indian Patent Act duly considered.
- Choose correct Entity type while filing to pay only what’s needed.
- Quick turnaround so you do not miss the deadline.
- Accurate docketing, timely actions.
- End-to-End Packages Available (Fixed Cost from Filing till Grant/Decision) – Upto 70% cost savings.
Safeguard your expressions.
Copyright – Salient Features:
- Literary, dramatic, musical and artistic works and producers of cinematograph films and sound recordings and source codes can be protected by the Copyright Act, 1957
- YPT can help in filing & getting copyright protection on your creations.
- All rules/law/forms are duly considered reducing any late payment charges.
- Professional Services. YPT is always frugal with client’s resources. Ethics is #1 priority for YPT and unlike many Indian firms, we will never misguide you for our own benefits.
Design Patent Search
Accurate design searches to help you evaluate your options for design right registration, clearance or invalidation
Direct filing in a single country
Stop misuse of your innovation in the markets that matter.
Direct filing in a single country – Salient Points
- All rules/law/ forms are duly considered reducing any late payment charges.
- Excellent network of associates in all prominent jurisdictions of the world, that too at unbeat
- able rates.
- Curb your competition in international markets.
- Increase your company’s valuation with foreign patent portfolio.
- End-to-End Packages Available (Fixed Cost from Filing till Decision) – Upto 70% cost savings.
- Support beyond prosecution. Finding partners, investors, distributors, buyers, etc.
Direct filing in multiple countries
Stop misuse of your innovation across the globe
Foreign Filing Permits / License in India
Freedom to Operate FTO Search
Your region your monopoly.
Geographical Indication – Salient Features:
- Geographical Indication certifies quality of particular product from a particular geographical location
- YPT can help in filing & getting geographical indication protection and help boost economic value of your goods.
Indian Patent Office Specific Services
Your gateway to everything related to Indian Patent Office – Online or Offline
Apart from filing/prosecution, YPT’s client often avail many other services related to Indian Patent Office. Some of the common ones include :
- Obtaining Foreign Filing License.
- Filing of Statement of Working (Form-27).
- Addition/Removal of inventor.
- Recording assignments.
- Obtaining certified copies of patent specification/documents.
- Obtaining information vis-à-vis a patent application/patent.
- Filing details of corresponding application filed in other jurisdictions (Form -3).
- Filing amendments in the patent specification and/or any other details related to inventor/applicant (Form -13).
Industrial Design Registration
Protect your design and aesthetic creations.
Any aesthetic improvement or look of an object can be protected using a design patent. The Design Act of 2000 (last amended in 2014) covers industrial design rights that can help protect creative activity which results in an innovation in ornamental or formal appearance of a product or design.
Stay Ahead, Stay Informed.
IP Audit – Salient Features:
- Identify relevant intellectual property rights and establish the ownership of those IPRs.
- Establish procedures for management of the IPRs.
- Create IP policy and prepare an execution plan
- Create a robust framework to capture all ideas generated within your company/institute and structure the framework to bring forward the best ones for protection.
Value of a patent is ‘ZERO’ if the same is not utilized in the industry.
IP Due Diligence for buying-selling-licensing
Identify – Analyze – Buy – Monetize.
IP Due Diligence for buying-selling-licensing – Salient Features
- Identify potential/valuable IPR, your core IPR, and IPR that is not in use and has licensing potential.
- Arrange selling your IPR for monetary benefits.
- Identify gaps in your technology / product protection.
- In-depth knowledge of the industry and can help identify disruptive technologies to help stay ahead of competition.
- IP potential and do a complete due diligence of a company before any merger or acquisition.
- License your technology for recurring income by royalties and assess the quality and quantity of intellectual property assets of a third party.
- Confirm your “freedom to operate” in respect of your present and future business activities.
- Avoid unintentional infringement.
IP Portfolio Generation
Generate and Prepare an impenetrable fort
IP Portfolio Generation – Salient Features:
- Build your IP Portfolio that will be directed to increasing valuation of your company.
- Keep you aware about your competitor’s technology and benchmark you against them to help you stay ahead of competition.
- Develop portfolio to monopolize and hinder other players.
IP technology in-licensing
Grab the technology and be ahead of competitors
IP technology in-licensing – Salient Feature :
- Years of search experience helps identify relevant technologies developed by individual innovators/small companies.
- Provide assistance in negotiating license for various technologies and match up with the competition.
- Prevent other players in the market from utilizing the benefits of the technology with an exclusive license.
IP technology out-licensing
Give away your IP/technology for monetary benefits
Multi-Country Patent Drafting, Filing and Prosecution
Rule the world! Protect your invention in multiple jurisdictions.
- YPT has seasoned professionals with years of experience in filing patent applications worldwide with thorough understanding of patent laws of foreign jurisdictions.
- YPT has an excellent network of associates in all prominent jurisdictions of the world, that too at unbeatable rates.
- YPT`s sound knowledge of international laws leads to optimized cost during examination in different countries. For example, we optimize the patent application so that you do not spend extra money on extra pages, extra claims and unnecessary content.
- YPT always keeps client’s interest first and is always frugal with client’s resources. Ethics is #1 priority for YPT and we will never misguide you.
- YPT is the only company that helps you to identify partners in other countries so that you can share cost of patenting and start making money in those countries.
Nationalization in a single country
Stop misuse of your innovation in the markets that matter
Nationalization in a single country – Salient Points
- Curb your competition in international markets
- Increase your company’s valuation with foreign patent portfolio
Nationalize PCT Outside India
Nationalization in multiple countries
Novelty / Patentability Search
Other IP Rights Support
Creations, innovations can also be safeguard by means of IPRs other than patent & trademark. Get it right.
- YPT has a team of seasoned professionals with sound know how of various IP rights applicable in India and give correct recommendation on choosing correct IPR(s).
- YPT has experience of working in numerous jurisdictions will ensure protection of each of the available IP rights globally with broadest protection and assist in developing global strategy.
- YPT has supported client over 86 countries, so have understating of global best practices.
- YPT provides End-to-End Packages (Fixed Cost from Filing till Decision) – leading to upto 70% cost savings.
More about Other IP Rights
Besides safeguarding innovations/creations by means of patents and trademarks, other IPRs are also available to protect creations/innovations like:
Copyright: The Copyright Act, 1957 (last amended in 2012) covers the subject of copyright law in India. It provides rights to the creators of literary, dramatic, musical and artistic works and the producers of cinematograph films and sound recordings.
Design: The Design Act of 2000 (last amended in 2014) covers industrial design rights that can help protect creative activity which results in an innovation in ornamental or formal appearance of a product or design.
Geographical Indication: Geographical Indications of Goods (Registration & Protection)Act, 1999 defines that aspect of intellectual property which refers to a geographical indication referring to a country or to a place situated, as being the country or place of origin of that product. Such a name conveys an assurance of quality and distinctiveness because of the fact of its origin.
Plant Variety: The Protection of Plant Variety and Farmers Right Act, 2001 (PPVFR Act) was enacted to provide a system for protection of plant varieties, the rights of farmers and plant breeders who have developed any new or extant plant varieties.
Semiconductor Layout: As per the guidelines laid down in the Semiconductor Integrated Circuits Layout Design (SICLD) Act 2000 and the Semiconductor Integrated Circuits Layout-Design (SICLD) Rules 2001, the original layout-designs of the Semiconductor Integrated Circuits are protected.
Synonyms: Designs, copyrights, geographical indication, copyrights, semiconductor layout, plant variety, literary, dramatic, musical and artistic works, software codes, new varieties of plants, unique electronic circuits, good/services from specific origin, aesthetic looks of articles/objects.
Patent Drafting, Filing and Prosecution in India
Patent Illustration Services
Patent Licensing/ Commercialization
Patent Monitoring / Watch
- 10+ Years of Business, 125+ Full Time Searchers, 30+ Tech Areas, 100+ Patent Watch / Monitoring Projects / month.
- Multi-lingual (16+ Languages) capabilities covering 100+ Countries.
- Automatic monitoring and manual analysis checks of application, patent, and reexamination proceedings of your patents as well as competitor’s patents.
- Multiple variants to match your budget and completeness requirements.
- Monitoring and manual analysis conducted by subject matter experts, reports includes expert comments on each prior-art.
- Monitoring new filings within patent families, amendments, post-grant review opportunities, etc.
The YPT Advantage:
- YPT is a Team of 225+ technology/industry experts who speak inventor`s language and having deep understanding of Indian and Global patent laws.
- YPT has unique understanding of global and industry wide IP best practices as it has supported 1,000+ clients from 45+ countries in multiple technology areas ranging from complex subject matters in life sciences/engineering/ICT to simple household inventions.
- Ethics is #1 priority at YPT and we will never misguide you and always be frugal with your resources.
- YPT believes in delivering business benefit from your patent and walk with you on-the-ground to make it happen.
- YPT has a good network within all four branches of Indian Patent Office for expedited and accurate information/ processing.
Get your competitors’ patents revoked / limited in time so you save big on litigation costs later.
- YPT has 225+ techno legal professionals covering 30+ Technology Areas and conducts 100+ Opposition cases each month [including both pre and post grant cases].
- YPT has >75% success rate (in getting the claims limited or revoked).
- YPT offers multiple variants to adjust to your budget and accuracy/completeness requirements.
- YPT focuses on both novelty and inventive step attack.
- YPT has Multi-lingual expertise to search and read prior art in 16+ languages.
- YPT has in depth knowledge of entire opposition process in India, making the opposition process more efficient and effective.
More about patent application in India
Opposition proceedings are structured to restrain wrongful obtainment of patents and claiming frivolous or petty inventions. Under Indian Patent act, there are two provisions wherein opposition may be filed either via pre-grant opposition or post-grant opposition provisions depending upon the stage of the patent.
About Your Patent Team (YPT)
Your Patent Team (YPT) is an exclusive group of world leading technology/industry experts with deep understanding of global patent laws. YPT team of 125+ experts cover variety of tech areas including Pharmaceutical, Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical, Biotechnology, Electronics, Telecommunication, Software, Information Technology and more. YPT serves clients in over 45 countries and is one of the very few organizations who understand global IP best practices to the core. YPT utilizes this expertise to advise our clients to help them get world class advise and IP protection. Further, with vast global network and work volumes, YPT not only ensures that you get the strongest and broadest protection, but makes sure that you get at the optimum costs. Again, YPT is one of the only organizations in the world where work does not stop at clients getting the IP protection but where experts walk with the client till they are able to get returns from their IP protection. YPT is trusted alike by industry associations (like FICCI, PHD Chamber of Commerce, FISME, etc), Government Departments and Ministries (like Department of Science and Technology), Fortune 500 companies, SMEs, Universities, Start-ups, Foreign Law Firms, and Individual Inventors in India and abroad. We have presence in 90+ jurisdictions to help our clients get best protections worldwide.
Be Sure before proceeding. Maximize protection, Minimize risks
Patentability Searches – Salient features:
- Determine if the patent should be filed and if yes, how broad a protection can be sought.
- Save time and money on patenting process by significantly reducing the expenditure on patent office actions.
- Capability to conduct a worldwide search covering 100+ countries in multiple languages
- Search covers both patent and non-patent documents (scientific literature, journal articles, conference papers, TKDL library and many more).
- Search results help in drafting applications that not only cover current state-of-the-art but all possible future infringements.
- Quick turnaround to secure the earliest priority date.
PCT Application Filing and Advisory
One application to give you option to expand in 148 countries while strongly safeguarding your priority.
- YPT has seasoned professionals with years of experience in filing and nationalizing PCT applications with thorough understanding of patent laws of foreign jurisdictions.
- YPT always keeps client’s interest first and is always frugal with client’s resources. Ethics is #1 priority for YPT and we will never misguide you. YPT ensures you pay bare minimum while filing a PCT application and also end up paying lesser while entering national phase in various countries.
- YPT ensures that you get timely correct recommendations (and partners, if needed) to expand your PCT in relevant jurisdictions. So, you do not miss an opportunity and also do not waste resources.
More about PCT Applications
The Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) is an international patent law treaty, concluded in 1970. It provides a unified procedure for filing patent applications to protect inventions in each of its contracting states. A patent application filed under the PCT is called an international application, or PCT application.
A PCT application is usually advised in the following cases:
- Application has to be filed in 4 or more jurisdictions.
- Applicant is unsure of all the target markets and may need additional time to decide which jurisdictions to choose. PCT gives additional 18-19 months for you to make decision on patenting jurisdictions compared to convention route.
- Applicant is looking for an investment before taking the invention to multiple countries and hence, might need additional time.
- Application has to be filed in multiple countries in different languages and time available is short.
So, a single filing of a PCT application can be made with a Receiving Office (RO) in one language. A PCT application does not itself result in the grant of a patent. The PCT application just establishes a filing date in all contracting states, and has to be followed up with the step of entering into national phases to proceed towards grant of one or more patents.
Synonyms: International patent application, International patent, PCT, PCT application, WIPO Application, Article 19 amendments, Article 34 amendments, International Search Report (ISR), Written Opinion (WO), International Preliminary Report on Patentability (IPRP), International Preliminary Examination Report (IPER), Indian PCT application, International Bureau (IB).
Safeguard your priority with one application.
PCT Filing – Salient Features:
- Securing your filing date for multiple countries without pinching the pocket.
Package Includes: Advisory related to filing PCT application & Preparing and filing a direct PCT application / based on an Indian patent application / based on a non-Indian patent application.
PCT National Phase Filing in India
Take a small step – Get Access to the Big Fat Indian Market.
PCT National Phase Application Entry in India – Salient features:
- All rules/laws/forms of Indian Patent Act duly considered.
- Protection in India will never pinch the pocket but can promise a windfall.
End-to-End Package Includes: Preparing the application for filing, filing and prosecuting application with Indian patent office (claiming priority, filing request for examination, filing request for publication, notifying publication, notifying office actions, drafting responses for two office actions, filing of office actions, notifying allowance, requesting grant and notification of grant).
Encash your innovation in agriculture.
Plant Variety – Salient Features:
- Plant varieties can be protected by the Protection of Plant Varieties and Farmers’ Rights (PPV&FR) Act, 2001. This encourages farmer and plant breeders to innovate new varieties of plants in order to grow agriculture industry.
- YPT can help in filing & getting plant variety protection and help boost economic value of your produce.
Package Includes: Preliminary advisory on plant variety; Advisory, Preparing and filing application for registration of plant variety.
File opposition to a competitor’s patent which is potentially detrimental to your business
Post Grant – Salient Features
- As provisioned by Section 25 (2) of the Indian Patents Act, 1970, YPT can help you with filing post grant opposition.
- Searcher with capability to conduct worldwide searches covering documents in 100+ countries in multiple languages.
- Searchers cover both patent and non-patent documents (scientific literature, journal articles, conference papers, TKDL library and many more).
Package Includes: Preliminary advisory on Post-grant opposition; Advisory, Preparing and filing Post-Grant opposition; Filing of Post-Grant opposition only; Appearing in Post-grant opposition hearing only.
Prosecuting Existing Applications
Get expert assistance to sail through examination while strongly arguing merits of your invention
Prosecuting Existing Applications – Salient features:
- Customized prosecution approach based on threshold of your patent draft (claim and complete specification).
- Help comply your complete application to rules/law/forms of Indian Patent Act.
- Fixed cost packages for prosecution handling available – Upto 70% cost savings.
- Support even with patent oppositions.
End-to-End Package Includes: filing and prosecuting application with Indian patent office (claiming priority, filing request for examination, filing request for publication, notifying publication, notifying office actions, drafting responses for two office actions, filing of office actions, notifying allowance, requesting grant and notification of grant).
See your invention come to life.
Prototyping – Salient Features
- Prototypes enhance chances of monetization of innovation and also enables you to get proper investments.
- Help you reach the end customer by scale up your product manufacturing with YPT expertise.
- Take your idea to market using YPT made prototypes.
Package Includes: Assistance in prototyping, End-to-end solution in prototyping, Business advice on investment and/or raising funds, Preparing sale and distribution plan, Preparing and executing scaling up of manufacturing.
Provisional Patent Application Drafting and Filing
Fastest Finger First – Get the priority date first or Pay
Patent Drafting and Filing – Salient features:
- Secure your priority in case of unintentional commercial/academic disclosure.
- Get protection from inventors leaving the company.
- Application drafted keeping in mind that invention can evolve during development. Accordingly, broad disclosure and minimal limitations.
- All rules/law of Indian Patent Act duly considered.
- Review-only facility available for cost conscious innovators.
- End-to-End packages available (filing till decision) – upto 70% cost savings.
- Pay only the difference when converting the provisional to non-provisional.
Typically, a patent application filed by an inventor or applicant (may be a research company) for grant of a patent for the invention described and claimed in the patent specification. A patent application is accompanied by a techno-legal document i.e. patent specification. The whole future of the invention depends on the patent specification- A badly drafted specification may give others free hand to enjoy your innovation without any fear, on other hand a well-crafted specification gives you guns to stop and force others not to enjoy your innovation without your permission. The patent application has to undergo examination process where the application is adjudged by officials of Patent Office on the basis of the technicality as well as legality of the same.
Synonyms: applying patent, patent application, filing a patent, examination of patent pending, pending patent application, prosecution of patent application, drafting patent specification, drafting description of patent, patent drafting, India, India Patent Office.
Protect your unique circuit design.
Semiconductor Layout – Salient Features:
- Semiconductor IC layout designs can be protected by the Semiconductor Integrated Circuits layout Design Act, 2000
- YPT can help in filing & getting semiconductor chip design protection.
Package Includes: Preliminary advisory on Semiconductor IC layout designs protection; Advisory, Preparing and filing application for registration of a layout design.
Tackling Infringement on IP
Stop misuse of your protected IP
Tackling Infringement on IP – Salient Features
- Years of search experience and in-depth knowledge of the industry helps identify companies infringing on your IP.
- Help devise strategy for stopping infringement of your IP and enforcing your IP right.
Package Includes: Conducting product search for detecting possible infringements, Enforcing and preparing strategy for tacking possible infringement, end-to-end solution for Patent infringement.
Build your brand but protect that first.
Trademark Filing – Salient Features:
- If renewed periodically, a single application can provide protection for indefinite period of time and provides you strong basis for taking decisions on international filings.
The YPT Advantage:
- YPT is a team of seasoned professionals with years of experience in filing and prosecuting trademark applications in India.
- YPT has an extensive global network enabling easy protection worldwide.
- YPT also is well-versed with branding strategies and business insights and with Global exposure can assist in developing global branding strategy.
- YPT has thorough knowledge of examination process and enforcement and has supported clients in over 86 countries, so has an understating of global best practices.
- YPT provides End-to-End Packages (Fixed Cost from Filing till Grant/Decision) – leading to up to 70% cost savings.
Package Includes: Trademark filing/registration, Trademark search (optional), Trademark watch/monitoring (optional), Trademark opposition (optional)
To read more about trademark registration in India/general FAQs, scroll down.
A trademark application is important to protect your brand and ensuring that no one else takes undue advantage of your brand name / logo. A trademark application covers specific goods and services and their respective classes which are relevant for the mark being filed.
Trademark Prosecution – Salient Features:
- Every trademark application is examined in accordance with the Trademark Act, 1999 and an application may be objected or refused on relative or absolute grounds.
- YPT can help during the prosecution and ensure that the mark sails through without major complications.
Package Includes: Prosecution of trademark application up to its registration; Prosecution of trademark application only; Attending hearing for trademark application only; Prosecution of trademark application up to its registration in other countries.
Your Brand is Your Identity. Protect it robustly.
Trademarks Filing and Prosecution
Get In Touch / Request Free Consultation of 30 Minutes (Even, if you do not have an active requirement of service; No problem! Just talk with our Patent experts and get solve your doubts/queries)
Leverage the Power of Collaborative Patent Prosecution
Here you can Download our FREE Help Guides:
- Procedure for Patent Registration in India (click here for download access)
- Patent Registration Fees in India (click here for download access)
Get In Touch / Request Free Consultation of 30 Minutes (Even, if you do not have an active requirement of service; No problem! Just talk with our Patent experts and get solve your doubts/queries)